Hello Creativity! You are invited to submit your original artwork that speaks to the process of discovery in the creation of both art and technology for a chance to be awarded $500 and have your artwork displayed in Boise State’s Division of Research and Economic Development.
The selected artist’s/maker’s work will be printed, mounted on quality foam board, exhibited in the Administration Building, room 214, and the maker will receive $500 upon installation of the artwork.
The deadline for submission is Nov. 30; artists will be notified no later than Dec. 10.
All students from all departments are eligible and all genres, styles and media will be considered, including but not limited to:
• Fiber and paper art
• Graphic design and animation
• Metal and woodwork
• Book art
• Documented installation, performance and ephemeral works
The Division of Research and Economic Development will pay for printing and mounting of the work at the Boise State Sign Shop and the installation of the work. A small award reception will also be hosted. The selected artist/maker will be given the printed work after the exhibition has ended.
To be eligible for consideration, please submit your entries to Fonda Portales, university art curator and collections manager via email at email@example.com. Entries should include:
• The artist’s name, anticipated graduation year and department.
• Up to five works for consideration. Each work should be represented by a single hi-res image. Images should be 150dpi. Please name each image file as follows: title of work and medium(s) used.
• A 300-word statement explaining how the work addresses the theme. This will be printed and exhibited with the selected work.
Recipient of the award will be selected by a panel made up of one student and one faculty member from the art department, a representative from research and economic development, and the university art curator. The panel’s decision will be made based on the mastery of the artist’s/maker’s technique and relevance to the theme.