Proud to be Boise’s University
In its 81st year, Boise State University is truly coming of age in higher education. Our faculty, students, alumni and staff have put Boise State on the map with their breakthrough research and record of achievement. We are stretching beyond our regional roots and extending our academic and athletic influence to a national level.
But more importantly, we are deepening our partnerships and relationships close to home, where we serve as an urban university dedicated to the research and student experiences that drive economic development and contribute to a vibrant and healthy community. We are proud to be Boise’s university.
Boise rises spectacularly from a lush, green valley as the City of Trees, surrounded by an outdoor playground of mountainous high desert. Nationally recognized for its safety, quality of life, outdoor recreation and beautiful sunny climate, Boise is many things to many people. It’s a big city but offers small-town warmth. It’s fast paced but also laid back. It’s sophisticated but friendly, too.
Boise is one of the most livable cities in the country with highly touted attributes:
- One of the “Healthiest Cities” (Women’s Health/Men’s Health)
- One of the “Top 10 Places to Live” (Relocate America)
- One of the “Best Places to Live 2011″ (Triathlete)
- One of the “Best Cities for Raising a Family” (Forbes)
- One of the “Best Places to Retire” (CNN Money)
The bridges that span the Boise River connect the university and the city in a mere 10-minute walk from the Quad to downtown. Located in the business, governmental and cultural center of Idaho, Boise State is a critical part of the region’s knowledge economy, culture and diversity. Together, Boise and Boise State make a great place to live, learn and work.
Boise & Idaho
- Idaho Travel and Tourism Guides
- Idaho Works Department of Commerce
- City of Boise
- Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce
- National Weather Service