With an enrollment of 22,678 students, Boise State is a progressive learning-oriented, student focused university dedicated to excellence in teaching, innovative research, leadership development and community service. Students are benefiting from a renewed emphasis on the undergraduate experience and reaching graduation day better prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
In its 81st year, Boise State University is truly coming of age in higher education. Our faculty, students, alumni and staff have put Boise State on the map with their breakthrough research and record of achievement. We are stretching beyond our regional roots and extending our academic and athletic influence to a national level.
But more importantly, we are deepening our partnerships and relationships close to home, where we serve as an urban university dedicated to the research and student experiences that drive economic development and contribute to a vibrant and healthy community. We are proud to be Boise’s university.
Boise State University is a partner in Boise 150 and is joining its city in celebrating this milestone. Our faculty are leading a number of activities – from “Thinking 150” events held in February to upcoming “Sesqui-Speaks” lectures on topics ranging from immigration to the environment. Boise State and The Story Initiative also are partners in Read Me Treasure Valley, which focuses on the city’s sesquicentennial.
To find out more about Boise 150, including upcoming events, projects and background, please visit boise150.org.
Boise State: At a Glance
- Founded in 1932
- Located in the heart of beautiful Boise, Idaho
- Focused on innovation and creativity
Boise State: Academics
- Seven colleges and nearly 200 degrees and certificates
- Top ‘up-and-coming’ school by U.S. News and World Report
- Honors College for all academic disciplines
- National champion speech and debate team
- Advancing new knowledge through research and creative activity
Boise State: Student Life
- 22,678 students from 50 states and 65 countries
- Unique ‘Living and Learning’ residential communities
- More than 200 student clubs and organizations
- State-of-the-art recreation center and aquatic complex
Boise State: Quick Info
This page has valuable info for new students, transfer students, graduates and more.
Have questions about Boise State University? Click on the link above to contact us.
Facts and Figures
Learn more about Boise State in our 2012-2013 Facts and Figures Brochure.